The Cleveland Beer Mile has been an absolute privilege to produce the last 3 years and we strive to make it the most ridiculous and exciting event you can be a part of. In 2018, we are amping it up even more! Below I will break down a few things you can expect including 1. Swag, 2. Description of Events, and 3. Add-On Games.
– Finisher ‘Survival’ Medal Bottle Opener
– Official Fitted T-Shirt
– Timed race (we are still all about fun but with a competitive twist!)
– Prizes and giveaways all day!
– Food truck on site
– Beer for donation on site
– After party at Masthead Brewery
2. Description of Events
Solo Beer Mile: Run 4 laps and drink 4 beers. Each beer must be completed before each lap begins. See our rules sheet for a run down of the rules.
2 Person Beer Mile: Same rules as the solo beer mile apply but 2 team members will alternate each beer & lap. ‘Victory Lap’ must be run by full team after the 4th lap if needed.
4 Person Beer Mile: Same rules as the solo beer mile apply but 4 team members will alternate each beer & lap. ‘Victory Lap’ must be run by full team after the 4th lap if needed.
You Run, I Chug Relay: A new kind of relay for the fast runners with fast drinking friends. Team must complete 4 laps and chug 4 beers but the same person does not need to drink beer and run the lap. Teams can be 2 to 4 and any variation of who drinks and who runs can be chosen but 4 beers and 4 laps must be completed. ‘Victory Lap’ must be run by full team after the 4th lap if needed.
Elite Beer Mile: Same rule as the beer mile but with competitors who can run a beer mile in less than 9 minutes at least.
Ultimate Ale-Athoner: Teams of 4 runners. All runners must drink 4 beer and run 4 laps congruently. You may split up but your time does not stop until the LAST member of your team crosses the finish line. Same rules as the Beer Mile apply. If one member throws up, the ‘Victory Lap’ must be run together.
Mimosa Mile: Same as the beer mile but with mimosas. You may be a single or a team.
Donut Mile: Swap out the beer for a donut and BOOM! That’s a donut mile. 4 Donuts. 4 Laps. Each the donut before each lap.
3. Add-on Games
– Stein hold: see who can hold they are fully extended with a full stein or growler
– 6 pack swap w/ fellow beer milers: bring your favorite 6 pack and swap with the favorites of the other runners
– Frog Hop: hop like a frog for 30 meters. Winner wins a beer.
– Corn Hole: classic and enjoyable
– Keg Hug: wrap your body around an extended keg keeping all points of contact off the ground. Longest time wins.
If this kind of ridiculousness is right up your alley, then join us: https://events.com/r/en_US/registration/cleveland-beer-mile-cleveland-august-734306