A Beer Mile can be broken down into a few simple words: 4 Beers, 4 Laps, 1 Mile.
7 Beer Rules – HOW IT WORKS:
- Each competitor drinks four cans (or bottles) of beer and run 4 laps around the 400 meter course. The sequence is 1st BEER, 1st LAP, 2nd BEER, 2nd LAP, 3rd BEER, 3rd LAP, 4th BEER, 4th LAP, and FINISH.
- Beer must be consumed in the ‘Chug Zone’ before each lap begins. The ‘Chug Zone’ is a 10 meter long zone before the start/finish line.
If a competitor violates any rule then they must run a ‘Victory Lap’ which consists of an additional lap following their 4th lap WITHOUT having to drink another beer. If they BLATANTLY violate any rule, they are disqualified.
- Everyone is on the SAME playing field. Women and men drink the same size and quantity of beer.
- Competitors can choose between four 12oz cans or four 12oz bottles.
- Beers may not be tampered with or have any ‘advantageous’ design. This includes but is not limited to wide mouth cans, shot-gunning orpuncturing, straws, funnels, or yak piss.
- Beers must be a minimum of 5% alcohol by volume to keep within the standard Beer Mile rules. No Hard Ciders and Lemonades- those can be enjoyed after.
- Each beer can or bottle MUST NOT BE OPENED until the competitor has entered the ‘Chug Zone’ for that given lap.